The Brinell Impression Measurement System
(B.I.M.S.) is automatic brinell microscope. The specially developed software give reliability, repeatability in Brinell measurement.
The B.I.M.S virtually eliminates operator influence
It is found that measuring Brinell indentations can result in measurement errors between operators. This B.I.M.S. can virtually eliminate operator influence on test result.
Just place and click! Operating B.I.M.S is easy
With this handy instrument entire test sequence is simple. Place the CCD camera tube on the work piece and click on 'Auto' in toolbar on computer screen. The B.I.M.S. automatically measures the diameter of indentation with resolution of 0.01mm and display Brinell hardness value with diameter. All data storage functions are automatically performed according to batch parameters.
The B.I.M.S. can be configured to meet YoursÃ¢€™ needs
An unlimited number of batches can be created each with its own test parameters and certificates. The operator can select test load and indenter size, party name, address, certificate no. date, batch no. and description, high and low limits for readings etc. The previous batches can be reopened for viewing and address change etc.
The software reports include readings, statistical data, frequency distribution and variation graphs and certificate. The export to Excel option is provided and generates Microsoft excel file.
The systems includes calibration and check facilities to calibrate scale and for checking of calibration. This eliminates any systems error in measurement.
Mobile measurement system - Use anywhere
The unit is USB powered. As you plug in USB video capture, power is sourced by USB port and no other power supply is required. This makes it ideal for measurement with laptop.
The BIMS confirm to measurement as per IS : 2281-2005, BS : 10003-2 and ASTM E-10.
The system comprises specially developed image processing software for automatic measurement, Software is proven in industry and is being used since many years to get reliable and accurate readings in less than a second.
The Software Includes
- Facility for Auto / semi Auto / Manual modes of operation.
- Well managed database saves readings w.r.t. batch and certificate.
- Report generation in the form of certificate and graph.
- Facility for calibration and check of calibration.
The range of Measurement is from 1mm to 6 mm of diameter with Resolution of 0.01mm.
Scope of Supply
- To measure Brinell Hardness directly on machine where presently Brinell-Microscope is used. This avoids eye straining of operator and speeds up production testing. In addition it gives far better repeated accuracy. High-low limits selections enables easy acceptance / rejection of components.
- Can be connected to Laptop or Desktop PC. Easy to carry anywhere and handy for use with easy setup.
- One hand held unit containing CCD Camera, optics and illumination systems with connecting cable.
- External Video capture with USB 2 connectivity and driver software.
- Brinell Impression Measurement System (B.I.M.S.) software.
- Softdog- Hardware dongle for software
- Instruction manual
- PC or LAPTOP and windows 7/8/Vista/XP operating system is to be procured by customer.
- 2 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM minimum
- Microsoft Windows 7/8/Vista/XP operating system
- Display screen resolution minimum 1024 by 768 pixels
- Two free USB 2.0 ports and one RS232 (serial) interface (9 pin). The external USB to serial converter can be used for RS232 interface.